Monday, April 5, 2010

FINE TUNING...

We are not our bodies.

HOWEVER, if we do not take care of our fabulous "temple" of the soul, our life here on Planet Earth may be less than divine.

I don't know about you, but I am a VERY active 40-something year youngling. I love to HIKE, take YOGA almost daily, POLE DANCE (as in class, not profession), HOOP (as in HULA...just joined) and the list goes on.

I am hard on my body and I love trying new things. For me, the highlight of EVERY day, is getting this girl's body MOVING...nothing like an endorphin high!! That being said, things start to "happen" not only as we age, but if we don't eat nutrient dense "living" foods that nourish, balance and cleanse our bodies. Every day. What do you think happens when you eat "dead" acidic food? Insert shudder.

Those who know me know that I am a fanatic of SUNRIDER plant based products. Nutrient- dense ALKALINE foods that feed the body on a cellular level based on the Philosophy of REGENERATION. Dis-ease does not like an alkaline environment, thus the body gets the rest it needs to restore itself back to health. It's that simple. It also takes time and discipline to undo the damage of decades of abuse and "unconscious" eating so when I say simple, I'm not saying easy. It does however, get VERY easy when you start feeling AWESOME and bouncy and like you can do ANYTHING!! My very first "side effect" was no more brain FOG...yuck, who needs that? CLARITY is a beautiful thing.

Most people see changes immediately and continue to get better while others stop once they feel better (I never understood this - if I feel good, please give me MORE!!) only to start up again when their symptoms start to reappear. It's like exercise my lovelies...you basically have to do it until you die. You don't get to a point where you look and feel your best, stop, and your body remains the same. Unfair I know, but that's LIFE. This is the point where commitment and discipline are your new best friend!

I am living proof that the body has the ability to HEAL itself if given proper nutrition. I had to prove it to myself as I am very skeptical of all things until I have reason not to be. I will not share something I do not believe in yet I do feel responsible for sharing things that have proven to be life-changing or FUN for that matter...

Here's a link to some more Sunrider information that focuses on FINE TUNING your gorgeous body...work it, own it!!

http://www.shelleymerkt.com/files/Fine_Tuning_with_Sunrider.pdf

And ask lots of questions!! If I can't answer, I will find out from my Naturopath who led me on this path of health and freedom...

Love, Sheri xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment