I made these last night and they are SOOOO delish!! Nothing like REAL chocolate in the RAW..
- 2.5 c organic coconut, shredded
- 1.5 c. raw cacao powder (I used David Wolfe's Sunfood, the best in my opinion)
- 2/3 c. raw agave nectar (I'm a Madhava Organic Raw Agave fan but Whole Foods Organic Raw Agave brand will do).
- 1/3 c. raw coconut oil (I used Artisana Coconut Butter cause that's what I had, melted it in warm water)
- 1 tsp. vanilla (I also bought peppermint oil to try for my next batch).
You can also add goji berries, chia seeds or experiment and see what you come up with..
- If the coconut oil is solid, put jar into bowl of warm water until oil is liquid.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until well incorporated.
- Put the bowl in fridge to chill for 1/2 hour or more.
- Take a tablespoonful of the chocolate coconut mixture and form into a ball with your hands.
- Chill the formed balls until ready to serve.
- Also can be pressed into a pan greased with coconut oil and cut into squares to eat when chilled, for an even faster treat.
According to David Wolfe, Cacao tops the list in its concentration of the following three minerals (minerals that are deficient in almost everyone): magnesium, chromium, iron.
Cacao is the #1 antioxidant content food in the world. That's right. It contains more antioxidants than green tea, acai, red wine, and goji berries COMBINED.
Raw cacao is extraordinarily high in vitamin C. It contains more vitamin C than any other common nut or seed.
Cacao contains phenethylamines and anandamide which stimulate focus, concentration, love, and pleasure.
Cacao is an excellent source of tryptophan and serotonin.
Cacao is a phenomenal source of soluble fiber.
LoveLoveLove & Chocolate Kisses xo

No comments:
Post a Comment