

I recently returned from one of the happiest places on earth.. Optimum Health Institute (OHI) in beautiful San Diego. For me, it is not only a retreat and cleanse from the stress of daily life, it is a necessity to keep my body healthy and free of "health opportunities" that plague many of us on various levels.
The highly concentrated chlorophyll in Evergreen® addresses the body's circulatory and digestive systems.* Evergreen® is exclusively formulated herbal concentrated with owner expertise and based on the Philosophy of Regeneration™: to maintain optimum health through proper nutrition and keeping the body in balance.
If you were to consume green, leafy vegetables in order to achieve the effect of one bottle of Evergreen®, you would need to eat a tremendous amount, hardly possible in a regular meal. All natural, Evergreen® does not contain artificial sweeteners, colors or preservatives.
After losing my mother to lung cancer and watching so many people I love (of ALL ages) suffer from debilitating dis-eases in their bodies (arthritis, diabetes, cancer, heart disease, mental illness, obesity, eating disorders...the list goes on), it became apparent that I should treat my body with respect and do the things that so many people turn to out of desperation when they become ill. The good news, is I have never felt better in my life! I am one bouncy girl with boundless energy (no caffeine) and CLARITY! It's sadly profound what sugar, preservatives and chemically altered foods do to every part of your being! When you change to a whole food lifestyle, it's like waking up one day with no pain but never realizing you were actually in pain because you were so used to it...
Anyway, back to Optimum Health Institute (OHI) - truth is, we drink A LOT of wheatgrass. As a matter of fact, we do lots of things with wheatgrass of which I will spare you at the moment...
It is the chlorophyll in wheatgrass that is perhaps its most valuable asset. Chlorophyll, the plant’s green pigment that is often referred to as the “blood of plant (isn't that sexy?),” has been shown in studies to have a cleansing, detoxifying & healing effect on the body. I am not a doctor (nor are the folks at OHI) but I have seen miracles occur every time I am there! Wheatgrass makes me high, happy and I BUZZ like neon...things come out of my skin (rashes, etc) that I have no idea what they are but am quite happy to see them depart the temple...HOWEVER...by the end of my week there, I cannot stomach the thought of wheatgrass even with the cinnamon chaser that makes it bearable.
To get the full of effect of wheatgrass, you MUST drink it on an empty stomach and wait a full 60-90 minutes before ingesting another thing, including water. In the real world, this just does not work for me. Not to mention that I personally would not drink wheatgrass unless I grew it myself (or lived near OHI where I could buy flats from them) as it has been told that your friendly Jamba Juice, health food store, etc. acquire their wheatgrass from commercial growers who are now required to soak the seeds in pesticides before sprouting the grass!! Don't get me started...
So what's a vampire to do? Sunrider, International makes an AWESOME product called Evergreen. I can't say enough about it...here is the description:
Evergreen®
The highly concentrated chlorophyll in Evergreen® addresses the body's circulatory and digestive systems.* Evergreen® is exclusively formulated herbal concentrated with owner expertise and based on the Philosophy of Regeneration™: to maintain optimum health through proper nutrition and keeping the body in balance.
If you were to consume green, leafy vegetables in order to achieve the effect of one bottle of Evergreen®, you would need to eat a tremendous amount, hardly possible in a regular meal. All natural, Evergreen® does not contain artificial sweeteners, colors or preservatives.
Evergreen is infused with Peppermint Oil which makes it ever so tasty and promotes digestion...let's put it this way, I NEVER leave home without it...if I eat something questionable and my body goes into acid distress mode, I quickly take a swig of Evergreen and problem is quickly solved, body is brought back to alkalinity! Not to mention that if you continue to ingest this you will find that any body odors, bad breath, etc are eliminated! My Naturopath friend informed me that drinking coconut water mixed with Evergreen is like giving yourself a blood transfusion!
So that's my story...please DRINK YOUR VEGGIES and if you can, go to OHI to give your body, mind and spirit some LOVE. xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment